Reserve My Spot!
The Watering Hole 2018 Retreat and Manuscript Coaching Fellowship
Dates: December 26-30, 2018
Check-In: 3:00 p.m.
Check-Out: 11:00 a.m.
Location: Hickory Knob State Park, McCormick, S.C.
Nearest Airport: Augusta Regional Airport (about 75 minutes away)
* Last one will leave the airport around 3:00 p.m. on Dec. 26. We will request early check-in for shuttle people.
* First one will arrive at the airport around 8:00 a.m. on Dec. 30.
* If these shuttle times don’t work for you, reach out to the Tribe in the Facebook Group (for a ride share) or e-mail us for other options.
Registration fees go toward tuition, housing, and administrative fees. You are responsible for food and transportation. Fellows in cabins (Traditional Package) usually cook and have family-style meals. There is also a restaurant at the park and grocery stores in town. Any payments made are nonrefundable. If you cancel your reservation after paying any money, these funds may become a scholarship for another poet or a kids’ program.
Below you’ll find several payment options to choose from.
- Pay in full
- Pay in two equal payments (one now and the other in three weeks)
- Pay in four equal payments (one now and the rest in 2-week intervals)
- The roundtrip shuttle from and to Augusta Regional Airport can also be paid for here.
(The Paypal payment buttons are tiny. We can’t make them any bigger. *black girl shrugging emoji*)
The first ten who pay in full get a one-on-one conference with a facilitator.
Deadline to Make a Partial Payment: Nov. 1st
Deadline to Pay in Full: Dec. 15th
Deadline to Pay for Shuttle: Dec. 15th
- Traditional $499–Fellows with the Traditional Package are housed in a cabin with either retreat fellows or manuscript coaching fellows and may host one workshop for the retreat. Cabins consist of one bedroom with two double beds, one living room with a couch or futon, and one kitchen stocked with basic utensils. Fellows with a Traditional Package are housed 3 or 4 people to a cabin, which means that these fellows must be willing to share beds or sleep on the couch. Roommate preference forms are linked on the confirmation page immediately after payment. While we do our best to accommodate them, roommate preferences are not guaranteed. (Cabins are based upon availability and are therefore not guaranteed.)
- Double $699–Fellows with the Double Package are housed in a lodge room with either a retreat fellow or a manuscript coaching fellow. Lodge rooms are similar to hotel rooms. They consist of one living space with two double beds. Fellows with a Double Package are housed 2 people to a lodge room. Roommate preference forms are linked on the confirmation page immediately after payment. While we do our best to accommodate them, roommate preferences are not guaranteed.
- Single $899–Fellows with the Single Package are housed in a private lodge room. Lodge rooms are similar to hotel rooms. They consist of one living space with two double beds. Fellows with a Single Package are housed 1 person to a lodge room. The registration form is linked on the confirmation page immediately after payment.